Select Women's & Children's Service
Click here to view our brochure
Thousands of women suffer from pelvic floor disorders, such as urinary and fecal incontinence, pelvic-organ prolapse, overactive bladder and painful bladder syndrome. These disorders can cause embarrassment and affect their quality of life. Our staff at FirstHealth Urogynecology is dedicated to delivering compassionate treatment that will allow our patients to pursue activities they enjoy.
Conditions Commonly Treated
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic-organ prolapse
- Fecal incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Painful bladder syndrome
- Chronic pelvic pain
What is a Urogynecologist?
A urogynecologist is a physician with special training in urology and gynecology who focuses on the evaluation and treatment of non-cancerous conditions concerning the female pelvic organs and their supporting muscles and tissues, as well as pelvic reconstructive surgery.
Our services include:
- Pelvic-organ prolapse reconstructive surgery
- Pelvic floor muscle therapy for incontinence and chronic pain
- Urinary and fecal incontinence procedures
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries
- Botox injection treatment for overactive bladder
- Interstim placement and management (to treat urinary urgency, frequency and fecal incontinence)
- Pessary fitting
- Percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation (for overactive bladder syndrome)
- Clinical Trials (to learn more click here)
Dr. Harris-Hicks focuses on providing care and treatments for urinary and fecal incontinence, pelvic-organ prolapse, overactive bladder, painful bladder syndrome and chronic pelvic pain. She is also part of the Clinical Trials team at FirstHealth of the Carolinas.
She is board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and OB/GYN. She is also a member of American Urogynecology Society, Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology, International Urogynecological Association, American College of OB/GYN, American Medical Association and the North Carolina Medical Society.