Experienced surgeons and bariatric team available 24/7
- Our board certified surgeons have more than a decade of experience and have performed more than 1,700 bariatric surgeries.
- All procedures are laparoscopic unless otherwise determined by your surgeon.
- You have unlimited access to our bariatric team Monday through Friday and to a surgeon 24/7.
- Our highly trained team includes bariatric registered nurses, a registered dietitian, psychologists, office coordinators, a financial coordinator and a program coordinator.
- Our registered dietitian is also certified in diabetes education and health coaching.
- Our staff receives regular specialized training in caring for bariatric surgery patients and attends yearly workshops to learn the newest techniques and treatments for our patients.
- We provide customized plan-of-care and goal-setting throughout the process to ensure success.
- The program also includes individualized consultation with the bariatric nurse prior to discharge; post-operative phone follow-ups after discharge to monitor patient progress; consultation with a pharmacist for a medication review and recommendations prior to discharge.
High-quality care that puts the patient first
- Because we are dedicated to excellence, we use the most advanced techniques and equipment available to best serve our patients.
- We put the needs of our patients first and invest in the equipment and staff education necessary to ensure quality and safety with a dedicated bariatric unit and patient rooms.
- We are strongly committed to helping patients achieve long-term weight-loss and better health through individualized care and support tailored to meet their needs.
Free comprehensive education and support, including:
- Educational pre-op workshops: Comprehensive workshops that cover what you need to know before and after surgery, including how to prepare, nutrition and fitness principles, and action steps to long-term success.
- Exercise is Medicine Program: Supervised by a fitness coach from FirstHealth Fitness, this program includes private fitness assessments. Personal training sessions are also available.
- Group exercise classes: Designed specifically for our patients, these fun group classes meet at the same night as the support group.
- Life/health coaching: 1:1 and group classes on such topics as stress management, body image and improving self-esteem help promote healthy lifestyle changes after bariatric surgery.
- Interactive online support: Our informative and dynamic closed Facebook support group allows you to ask questions, post pictures, participate in discussions and surveys, share your story and much more.
- Mentoring Program: Weight-loss surgery alumni volunteer their time to share words of wisdom and to support patients currently going through the program.
- Support groups: We offer educational and interactive monthly support groups for patients and their families and friends. The main evening support group meets the second Thursday of each month at 6 p.m.
- Nutrition classes: You can attend individual or group meetings with our registered dietitian to discuss healthy eating habits and proper nutrition before and after bariatric surgery.
- Cooking classes: These group classes are offered throughout the year and are designed to teach you about developing healthy bariatric cooking habits.
- Special Menu Card: This card allows you to purchase smaller meals and portions at restaurants.
Streamlined clearance process
- We understand that taking time off from work for multiple medical visits can be challenging. You can see our team and complete your consults with the surgeon, dietitian and psychologist all in one day.
- We will contact your insurance company to help you determine coverage and out-of-pocket expenses.
- You will get personalized 1:1 attention in completing your pre-surgery checklist.
- We will help streamline and schedule any necessary medical referrals, consults and follow-up appointments to reduce the time from seminar to surgery.