Experienced surgeons and bariatric team available 24/7
- Our board certified surgeons have more than a decade of experience and have performed more than 1,700 bariatric surgeries.
- All procedures are laparoscopic unless otherwise determined by your surgeon.
- You have unlimited access to our bariatric team Monday through Friday and to a surgeon 24/7.
- Our highly trained team includes bariatric registered nurses, a registered dietitian, psychologists, office coordinators, a financial coordinator and a program coordinator.
- Our registered dietitian is also certified in diabetes education and health coaching.
- Our staff receives regular specialized training in caring for bariatric surgery patients and attends yearly workshops to learn the newest techniques and treatments for our patients.
- We provide customized plan-of-care and goal-setting throughout the process to ensure success.
- The program also includes individualized consultation with the bariatric nurse prior to discharge; post-operative phone follow-ups after discharge to monitor patient progress; consultation with a pharmacist for a medication review and recommendations prior to discharge.
High-quality care that puts the patient first
- Because we are dedicated to excellence, we use the most advanced techniques and equipment available to best serve our patients.
- We put the needs of our patients first and invest in the equipment and staff education necessary to ensure quality and safety with a dedicated bariatric unit and patient rooms.
- We are strongly committed to helping patients achieve long-term weight-loss and better health through individualized care and support tailored to meet their needs.
Free comprehensive education and support, including:
- Educational pre-op workshops: Comprehensive workshops that cover what you need to know before and after surgery, including how to prepare, nutrition and fitness principles, and action steps to long-term success.
- Exercise is Medicine Program: Supervised by a fitness coach from FirstHealth Fitness, this program includes private fitness assessments. Personal training sessions are also available.
- Group exercise classes: Designed specifically for our patients, these fun group classes meet at the same night as the support group.
- Life/health coaching: 1:1 and group classes on such topics as stress management, body image and improving self-esteem help promote healthy lifestyle changes after bariatric surgery.
- Interactive online support: Our informative and dynamic closed Facebook support group allows you to ask questions, post pictures, participate in discussions and surveys, share your story and much more.
- Mentoring Program: Weight-loss surgery alumni volunteer their time to share words of wisdom and to support patients currently going through the program.
- Support groups: We offer educational and interactive monthly support groups for patients and their families and friends. The main evening support group meets the second Thursday of each month at 6 p.m.
- Nutrition classes: You can attend individual or group meetings with our registered dietitian to discuss healthy eating habits and proper nutrition before and after bariatric surgery.
- Cooking classes: These group classes are offered throughout the year and are designed to teach you about developing healthy bariatric cooking habits.
- Special Menu Card: This card allows you to purchase smaller meals and portions at restaurants.