We accept all private insurances.
All insurance carriers and policies have different coverage guidelines and exclusions. We will be happy to contact your insurance company to determine coverage criteria. If you do not have insurance coverage for this type of procedure, we have a highly competitive self-pay option.
Generally, insurance plans require you to meet the following criteria for weight-loss surgery to be covered:
- BMI of more than 40 or more than 35 with a related health condition
- A documented history of medical weight-loss attempts
- Between two and five years of weight history
- A psychological evaluation
- Nutrition counseling
- Additional insurance requirements that may include a documented three- to six-month medically supervised diet and a blood test to rule out a thyroid disorder or other possible diseases
While insurance will cover most of the cost of certain bariatric surgeries, we will discuss your benefits with you, answer any questions you might have and let you know about any items that may not be covered by your insurance (e.g., out-of-pocket fees, co-pays and/or deductibles).
FirstHealth Bariatric Center does not accept Medicaid.
Tricare now covers the sleeve gastrectomy procedure (gastric sleeve) for beneficiaries and their dependents.
While most insurance plans cover bariatric surgery, we understand that some simply will not. In these instances – and for people who do not have insurance coverage, we offer highly competitive self-payment rate for the gastric sleeve.
Taking on the payment or co-payments for these surgeries is a big investment in your health. We do require payment at the pre-operative visit from all our bariatric surgery patients for self-payment. Our financial coordinators will be happy to discuss options with you during your consultation.