Montgomery Active Recreation Through Community- Health care Engagements
MARCHES uses the evidence-based community health care partnership model that was developed in 2009 at Duke Children’s Hospital in Durham, NC, where more than 8,000 families enjoy significant lifestyle changes, such as:
- A more active life
- Family meals that are delicious and nutritious
- Fewer food battles
- Confident and secure children
- Improved health for everyone
What is MARCHES?
MARCHES is a free wellness program for your family! In order to qualify, your child must be between the age of 10-14 years old, and have a Body Mass Index (BMI) at or above the 85th percentile.
During the program we will offer sports, games, cooking classes, gardening and more!
Our staff is trained, passionate and, most importantly, supportive and will work hard to make sure you and your child have fun!
Prepare to have fun! Each child must have an adult present for physical activity. Each child and adult should wear loose-fitting clothing and comfortable sneakers. Adults are encouraged to join activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my child eligible? If your child is between ages 10-14 years old with a BMI at or above the 85th percentile, your family is eligible.
- Do I need a referral? A referral from your health care provider to join MARCHES is encouraged. MARCHES can assist with this process if needed.
- What is the cost? While there is no cost to participating in MARCHES, the best treatment approach includes both MARCHES and clinical care. MARCHES encourages patients to attend at least two appointments with your health care provider during your time in the program to monitor improvements in health. You are responsible for co-payments according to your insurance plan.
For more information, contact Program Coordinator Isa Granados at (910) 715-1509.