Metabolic & Weight ManagementBack
Metabolic & Weight Management Center: See the Difference
The Metabolic & Weight Management Center is unique to the area and one of the few comprehensive metabolic centers in North Carolina. A joint venture by Pinehurst Surgical Clinic, FirstHealth of the Carolinas and Pinehurst Medical Clinic, the Center offers both surgical and non-surgical medical weight management services, and a comprehensive approach to weight loss that is tailored to each patient’s specific goals.
Experienced surgeons and bariatric team available 24/7
- Our board certified surgeons have more than a decade of experience and have performed more than 1,500 bariatric surgeries.
- Offering laparoscopic & robotic procedures
- You have unlimited access to our bariatric team with a dedicated after hours nurse line
- Our highly trained team includes a program manager, trained patient navigators, a program specialist, registered dietitians, licensed clinical social worker, registered nurse and bariatric certified nurse.
- We provide customized plan-of-care and goal-setting throughout the process to ensure success.
- The program also includes individualized consultations, group classes and hands-on nutrition food prep and cooking instructions in our state of the art full-service kitchen.
- We offer extensive pre and post-surgical education including: an inpatient visit from a bariatric nurse; individualized discharge education, including pharmacist medication review; established follow-up care appointments with multidisciplinary team; daily post-operative phone follow-ups after discharge during the first two weeks of recovery.
High-quality care that puts the patient first
- Because we are dedicated to excellence, we use the most advanced techniques and equipment available to best serve our patients.
- We put the needs of our patients first and invest in the equipment and staff education necessary to ensure quality and safety with a dedicated bariatric unit and patient rooms.
- We are strongly committed to helping patients achieve long-term weight-loss and better health through individualized care and support tailored to meet their needs.
Free comprehensive education and support, including:
- Nutrition & pre-operative patient education classes: Comprehensive classes that cover what you need to know before and after surgery, including how to prepare, nutrition and fitness principles, and action steps for long-term success.
- Exercise is Medicine Program: Supervised by a fitness coach from FirstHealth Fitness, this program includes private fitness assessments. Personal training sessions are also available.
- Interactive online support: Our informative and dynamic closed Facebook support group allows you to ask questions, post pictures, participate in discussions and surveys, share your story and much more.
- Support groups: We offer a staff-led support group that meets via Zoom on the second Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. Staff provide information, discussion and exploration. Our patient-led support group meets via Zoom on the fourth Monday of each month at 6 p.m. to offer support, collective problem solving and input.
- Nutrition classes: You can attend individual or group meetings with our registered dietitian to discuss healthy eating habits, post-surgery diet transitions and proper nutrition before and after bariatric surgery. Includes hands-on food prep and cooking instructions in our state of the art full-service kitchen.
- Cooking classes: These group classes are offered throughout the year and are designed to teach you about developing healthy bariatric cooking habits.
- Special menu card: This card allows you to purchase smaller meals and portions at restaurants.