Select Heart Service
The FirstHealth Heart Failure Clinic utilizes a specialized, patient-centered approach to provide high quality care to patients with congestive heart failure. Our clinic provides a convenient and easy to access cardiology services to help reduce hospital readmissions, emergency room visits and provide continuity of care from the inpatient to outpatient setting. Once a patient is referred to the heart failure clinic, they will undergo an extensive evaluation by a multidisciplinary team and receive appropriate therapeutic options and educational needs that will help them better understand and actively manage their heart failure.
Heart Failure Clinic services include:
- Comprehensive evaluation in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
- Same day appointments to prevent an emergency room visit or hospitalization
- Medication reconciliation and education by pharmacy staff
- Nutrition counseling on low sodium and heart healthy diets
- Evaluation by a dietician fore complex nutritional issues
- Social services evaluation as indicated for medication assistance
Meet the Team
Dinah Welch, Ph.D. FNP-BC
Sun Moon Kim, M.D., FACC
FirstHealth Heart Failure Clinic
Reid Heart Center
120 Page Drive
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For a referral to the heart failure clinic, please speak with your primary care provider or cardiologist.