Located in the state-of-the-art Reid Heart Center, the FirstHealth Cardiovascular & Thoracic Center is home to FirstHealth’s cardiothoracic surgeons.
Our surgeons provide comprehensive care in the surgical treatment of diseases affecting the chest, including the heart, blood vessels, lungs and esophagus.
The Reid Heart Center team is not only among the most respected cardiologists, surgeons, nurses and techs in the field of heart care, but they are also members of our community. They have made a firm commitment to ensuring that we have world-class heart care right here in the heart of the Carolinas.
Our award-winning team of surgeons provides the following surgical treatments:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG or Open Heart Bypass Surgery)
- Cardiac Valve Repair and Replacement
- Surgical Treatment of Lung Cancer
- Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Diagnostic Lung Procedures
- Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) repair
- Peripheral Artery Revascularization
- Endovascular Procedures
- Left-Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)