Select Cancer Program or Service
The goals of the program are to:
- Ease the transition between treatment and daily life
- Enhance the lives of participants through exercise, education and group support
- Educate participants on how to successfully make and continue lifestyle changes that make a positive impact on their well-being
- Introduce participants to the many tools available through FirstHealth and other community programs that may assist them in remaining well as they continue their fight against cancer
- Establish relationships with others who have similar experiences
The seven-week program is conducted at the FirstHealth Center for Health & Fitness-Southern Pines and consists of three 90-minute sessions per week. Each session includes both exercise and education, and explains the role each play in improving quality of life. There is a fee for this program, but scholarships are available. For more information, call (910) 692-1672.