Select Policy / Terms
FirstHealth's Terms and Conditions
By using https://www.firsthealth.org/, https://www.firsthealthonthego.org and various mobile applications (collectively, the “Site” or “Sites”) you agree to all of these web and mobile Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions you must stop using the Site. We may change these Terms and Conditions at anytime. By accessing or using the Site after such changes are posted you agree and consent to all such changes.
FirstHealth's Terms and Conditions
By using https://www.firsthealth.org/ , https://www.firsthealthonthego.org and various mobile applications you agree to all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions you must stop using the Site. We may change these Terms and Conditions at anytime. Such changes are effective upon posting on the Site. Your continued access or use of the Site means that you accept these changes. We may add, discontinue or otherwise modify the information on the Site at any time without notice.
- The content on the https://www.firsthealth.org/ site is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you need medical advice or other health care assistance, you should consult with a qualified health care provider.
- Information on this site is provided in ‘as is’ condition. FirstHealth does not guarantee that the site or the content is reliable, timely, accurate or complete.
- Every effort is made to ensure that the files on this site are free of viruses or bugs, however FirstHealth of the Carolinas does not guarantee that the site will be error free, or free of viruses or bugs. We assume no liability resulting out of delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any information transmitted in connection with the use of the site.
- Some of the content may contain the names of certain vendors, brand names, physicians or health care providers. Inclusion of any particular vendor, brand name, physician, or health care provider does not imply an endorsement. This site may contain links to other sites. FirstHealth does not assume responsibility or endorse the content or the use of external sites.
- All content is the sole property of the FirstHealth of the Carolinas. You may not sell or modify any content or reproduce, display publicly or otherwise use “FirstHealth of the Carolinas” in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
- You may not use any Meta tags or any other "hidden text" using the FirstHealth name or trademarks without our express written consent.
- You may not utilize framing to enclose any trademark, logo or other information contained on this site without express written consent.
- You may download as many copies of the content as you need for personal use only if you keep all copyright, service mark, and other proprietary notices on the copy. Any other uses of the site or content are strictly prohibited.
- The names "FirstHealth” and “FirstHealth of the Carolinas” and all division names are proprietary trademarks and service marks of FirstHealth of the Carolinas, Inc., a North Carolina corporation.
- You agree that FirstHealth is and shall remain risk free against all claims, actions, liability, and expenses resulting from your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Use of FirstHealth On the Go
REGISTRATION ON THE SECURE PORTAL
The FirstHealth On the Go sites can only be used by Registered Users and requires users to register and log-in, and are password protected. The password protection portions of the sites are referred to as Secure Portals. The Secure Portals allow you to access certain medical consultation services. Through the Secure Portals you may also access your protected health information (“PHI”), whether submitted by you or generated as a result of your use of the services. A full description of the purposes for which FirstHealth uses and discloses any PHI collected form our Registered Users (including PHI collected on the Secure Portal) is described fully in FirstHealth’s Notice of Privacy Practices or any other applicable notices provided to Registered Users.
Registered Users are required to provide FirstHealth of the Carolinas with an email address. We will use the email to send Registered Users important updates about the Sites as well as notifications when information and documents are added that Members need to be aware of, e.g. forms, consult appointments. FirstHealth will also use email addresses to send general information about various services available at FirstHealth. In some instances, but not all, you will be able to opt out of receiving emails. FirstHealth does not sell your email address to third parties.
Registered Users are responsible for (i) controlling the dissemination and use of activation codes and passwords; (ii) authorizing, monitoring, and controlling access to and use of your User ID and password; and (iii) properly informing FirstHealth On the Go of any need to deactivate a password. You also agree to promptly notify FirstHealth On the Go of any unauthorized use of your username, password or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to this site by promptly emailing email@example.com. In addition, you agree to exit from your secure account at the end of each session. FirstHealth of the Carolinas explicitly disclaims liability for any and all losses and damages arising from your failure to comply with this section.
ACCURATE AND COMPLETE MEDICAL HISTORY
The services provided do not replace your existing primary care physician relationship, but are intended only to supplement that relation for your non-emergency medical needs. You agree that your medical history on the Secure Portals will have the most up to date and accurate information available to you. Such information is vital for FirstHealth On the Go to provide you with quality services.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
By registering on the Secure Portals, you represent that (i) you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, (ii) you have the legal ability and authority to enter into this Agreement with FirstHealth of the Carolinas, (iii) the information you have provided to FirstHealth of the Carolinas in your registration is accurate and complete, (iv) you will comply with any and all laws applicable to your use of the Secure Portals, (v) you will not interfere with a third party’s use and enjoyment of the Secure Portals, and (vi) you will not interfere with or disrupt FirstHealth On the Go’s or its vendor’s security measures. If any information you provide to FirstHealth becomes inaccurate, incomplete or otherwise false or misleading, you will immediately notify FirstHealth of the Carolinas.
If you violated the stated Terms and Conditions, your ability to use the Secure Portals will terminate. FirstHealth of the Carolinas may, in its sole discretion, terminate your access to the Secure Portals, or any portion thereof, for any reason whatsoever without prior notice. These actions are addition to any other right or remedy FirstHealth of the Carolinas may have available at law. Further, FirstHealth shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such termination or discontinuance.
In using the Sites, you agree not to:
- Send or otherwise transmit to or through the Sites any unlawful, infringing, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that can cause harm or delay to the Sites or computers of any kind, and any unsolicited advertising, solicitation or promotional materials;
- Misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way;
- Restrict or inhibit any person from using the Sites, disclose personal information obtained from the Sites or collect information about users of the Sites;
- Reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any section or technology on the Sites, or attempt to do any of the foregoing;
- Gain unauthorized access to the Sites, to other users’ accounts, names, personally identifiable information or other information, or to other computers or websites connected or linked to the Sites;
- Launch or use any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that access the Sites in a manner that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional web browser;
- Send or otherwise transmit to or through the Sites chain letters, unsolicited messages, so-called “spamming” or “phishing” messages, or messages marketing or advertising goods and services;
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations or these Terms and Conditions;
- Alter or modify any part of the Content or services offered on the Sites; or
- Assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
The Sites may contain links to third-party websites. Linked sites are not under the control of FirstHealth of the Carolinas, and FirstHealth is not responsible for the content of any linked site. Links are provided for convenience only, and a link does not imply that FirstHealth of the Carolinas endorses, sponsors, or is affiliated with the linked site. Your use of third-party web sites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites; these Terms do not apply to other websites. FirstHealth of the Carolinas disclaims any and all liability for any medical and health treatment information set forth on linked sites.
INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold FirstHealth of the Carolinas, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements (including without limitation reasonable attorney and accounting fees), resulting from or alleged to result from your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
In no event shall FirstHealth of the Carolinas be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever resulting from any loss of use, loss of profits, litigation, or any other pecuniary loss, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with this website or the provision of or failure to make available any such products, goods, or services, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
FirstHealth of the Carolinas is not liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken based on use of this Site.
The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use or access the Sites at any time or in any manner. By using the Sites, you affirm that you are over the age of 13. Teladoc Health does not seek through this website to gather personal information from or about persons under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian.
CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by the laws of North Carolina. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use, which shall remain in full force and effect.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the Terms and Conditions and that I will abide by such Terms and Conditions when using FirstHealth On the Go.