Select Policy / Terms
- Visitors can use https://www.firsthealth.org/ this site anonymously, without registration. Those seeking to access services from the https://www.firsthealthonthego.org site or mobile application are required to register.
- Our server automatically collects information from you such as ISP provider, time of day, and duration on pages.
- This is not personally identifiable information and is used to help us determine how to make this site a better experience for our visitors.
- Personally identifiable information about you is not collected unless volunteered by you.
- All information you provide us is confidential and never sold, shared, or disclosed to any company or persons outside of FirstHealth.
- Any e-mail that you send to us is not secure. We recommend that you do not e-mail confidential information to FirstHealth.
- E-mail sent to us may be routed to various employees for action or comment.
- This site may contain links to other sites. FirstHealth does not assume responsibility or endorse the privacy policies of external sites.
- Our site does not feature information and services of interest to children 13 and under.
- When using our Patient Accounting Online Inquiry, you will be re-directed to a secure server. All other forms on this site, however, are not secure (i.e., data encryption is not used to transfer information from your computer to our system).
Use of FirstHealth On the Go
On the https://www.firsthealthonthego.org Site, FirstHealth of the Carolinas operates various online services that enable Registered Users to receive various types of health care information and telehealth services. The Site also has public portions that allow anyone to educate themselves on the services available through the Site.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY OF THE SECURE PORTAL
Some of FirstHealth of the Carolinas’ Sites can be used only by Registered Users who are required to register and log-in to areas that are password protected. The password protected portions of the Sites are referred to as the Secure Portals. The Secure Portals contain protected health information (PHI) or personal information about Registered Users. Because of this, on the Secure Portals, FirstHealth must be able to link a Registered Users’ activity back to their identity, for example to verify identity in our systems and eligibility for services. Therefore, in the Secure Portals, FirstHealth does collect identifiable information about Members. This includes pages visited and Services initiated.
While no web site can guarantee security, we maintain physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help protect your PHI collected via the Secure Portals as required by applicable law. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we use industry standards, such as Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") technology, to help safeguard against such occurrences. On the Secure Portals, the information passed between your browser and our system is encrypted with SSL technology to create a protected connection between you and our website to ensure confidentiality.
Our data center is both physically and electronically secured. Our servers are protected behind the Internet by using firewall and encryption technology. All data is stored and transferred in encrypted formats that either meet or exceed standards defined by state and federal laws. No data is transferred to users that do not have rights to access such information.
All information and data you submit through FirstHealth’s Sites is stored on secure servers located in the United States.
We allow Members to access the Services through a software application on a mobile device (an "Application"). If you choose to use an Application, FirstHealth of the Carolinas will collect additional information about you including (1) location data, (2) device IDs and (3) other information regarding your use of the Application. FirstHealth of the Carolinas uses the information collected to analyze and improve the Member’s experience using the Application and otherwise communicate with the Member about the Services. Additionally, we track your location and send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about the Services and what is available to you as a Member. If you no longer wish to receive such communications, you may turn them off at the device level.