How Can We Help You?


Quick Info:

Find a Doctor Community Tour (800) 213-3284

More on LifestyleBack

Super Bowl 2020: Add These Healthy-ish Recipes to Your Menu

| Date Posted: 1/30/2020

No matter which team you’re rooting for this weekend, there’s a good chance you will spend plenty of time thinking about your Super Bowl spread.


Good news: your menu doesn’t have to come with a full helping of regret.


Ashley Carpenter, a registered dietitian and certified health and wellness coach for FirstHealth Fitness, says it’s more important to focus on what you eat most of the year and not on the handful of individual holidays.


“Be mindful and intentional about your choices at least 80% of the time and then the other 20% can be for fun,” Carpenter said. “And remember to enjoy your food.”


That said, if you want to feel a little better about your Super Bowl menu, here are some vegetable-rich recipes featuring lean proteins and plenty of fibers. In place of your traditional nachos, buffalo wings, chips and dip, try this…


Kick things off with Mini Bell Pepper Loaded Turkey “Nachos,” include a crudité platter, a veggie-based dip like Greek 7 Layer Dip or Black Bean Salsa. You can also enjoy a fiber-filled main course with a dish like Buffalo Chicken and Bean Chili. For the second half, try some flour-less black bean brownies.


Mini Bell Pepper Loaded Turkey “Nachos”
*Skip the turkey for a vegetarian option

Greek 7 Layer Dip

Buffalo Chicken and Bean Chili

Best Vegetarian Chili

Flour-less Black Bean Brownies

Related Content

Healthy Living Programs
Fitness Programs
Community Tour

FirstHealth Magazine Subscription

To receive FirstHealth Magazine via email, please complete the information below.

1. Browse Our Free Printed Magazines
2. Subscribe to FirstHealth Magazine

How would you like to receive the magazine?

FirstHealth Newsletter Sign-Up