CME: Total Neoadjuvant Therapy (TNT) for Rectal Cancer
Program at 6:15 p.m.
Speaker: John S. Berry, IV, M.D.
Dr. Berry completed his medical degree at Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA, and he completed his general surgery residency at San Antonio Military Medical Center in San Antonio, TX. He completed a fellowship in colon and rectal surgery at Washington University
in St. Louis, MO.
Dr. Berry is professionally associated with Womack Army Medical Center at Fort Bragg, N.C., as the Director of the General Surgery Program and the Division Chief, Colon and Rectal Surgery. He is also professionally associated with FirstHealth of the Carolinas in Pinehurst, N.C.
• Describe the acceptable NCCN protocols for TNT
• Differentiate between Short Course Radiotherapy and Chemoradiation
• Examine the terms Induction and Consolidation Chemotherapy
• Describe the short and long-term outcomes associated with TNT, and compare these benefits to traditional tri-modal therapy for rectal cancer
• Identify which rectal cancer patients benefit from TNT
All physicians who care for rectal cancer patients and all other interested health care professionals.
Gap to be Filled:
Knowledge of the Total Neoadjuvant Therapy for rectal cancer.
Goals of this Live Activity:
Optimal care for patients with rectal cancer.