PINEHURST – Have you ever considered hitting the mat and giving yoga a try?
Well, you should, because yoga has something for everyone!
Fitness fanatics love it because it helps build lean muscle mass and improve flexibility, while others are into the mental and emotional benefits, like less stress and improved focus.
But, did you know there is even more to love about yoga, like the fact that it is overall one of the best exercises for your health?
Health benefits include:
- Better sleep – Yoga helps relax your nervous system. Performing yoga at any point during the day will help quiet your mind and give you peace.
- Lower blood pressure – Yoga is a great workout for your heart! The calming nature of yoga can help lower your blood pressure, reduce your risk for heart-related diseases and conditions, and live a longer life. Yoga also plays a huge role in reducing your risk of heart disease.
- Better Circulation – Your circulatory system is one of the most important parts of your body, and it can become sedentary by your lifestyle and habits. Yoga can help improve your circulatory system since it helps stretch out your muscles and get your heart pumping.
- Back Pain – The movements of stretching can help improve your spine’s flexibility, therefore helping take away any pain in your back.
- Emotional Health – Exercise is known to help boost your endorphins, and yoga is no exception. The practice of mindfulness through yoga results in overall relaxation and contentment.
- Arthritis – Arthritis loves gentle movement, so gentle yoga can be extremely beneficial for arthritis.
- Weight Loss – Yoga helps to build lean muscle, which improves your metabolism. You also burn lots of calories while practicing the poses.
There is no better time than the present to try yoga, especially since September is National Yoga Month.
Roll out your mat and meet us at the Fourth Annual “A Day of Yoga” event on Saturday, September 29 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Clara McLean House in Pinehurst to benefit the Cancer CARE Fund of The Foundation of FirstHealth led by FirstHealth’s very own Certified Yoga Alliance teachers.
Classes will be offered all day of varying levels. Everyone is encouraged to attend – from seasoned “yogis” to beginners.
Register for a single class, half day or full day yoga immersion.
Schedule for the day includes:
- 8 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Yang Sessions 3 (75 minute) sessions
- 12:15-12:45 p.m. 30 minute break for lunch to enjoy the garden and socialize
- 12:45-5 p.m. Yin Sessions 3 (75 minute) sessions
- Single class – $10
- Half day class – $25
- Full day – $45
Space is limited and registration is required by Sept. 29. To register, or for additional information, please contact Cinnamon LeBlanc at (910) 692-1672 or email@example.com. To learn more about the Cancer CARE Fund, visit www.firsthealth.org/foundation.