PINEHURST – Some of the area’s most knowledgeable health care professionals will share information of particular interest in women in an upcoming FirstHealth program.
Physicians from such medical specialties as oncology, orthopaedics, family medicine and gynecology will be featured in the daylong “Girl Talk” to be held Saturday, May 20, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Clara McLean House in Pinehurst. The day’s activities will also include a cooking demonstration and tours of the Healing Garden at the Clara McLean House.
The event is free and open to the public, and lunch will be provided.
The line-up for the day is scheduled as follows:
- 10:15 a.m.: Michael Batalo, M.D., oncology and hematology, “Cancer Prevention”
- 11 a.m.: James Marino, M.D., and David Casey, M.D., orthopaedics, “What's New in Joint Replacement”
- 11:45 a.m.: Break
- Noon: Lunch and a panel discussion of area health care resources featuring representatives from FirstHealth’s Epic project team (information systems technology), Surgery Center of Pinehurst, Aging Outreach, the Clara McLean House, FirstHealth Hospice & Palliative Care
- 12:45 p.m.: Ashley Carpenter, R.D., weight loss and a cooking demonstration
- 1:15 p.m.: James Liffrig, M.D., “Family Medicine and Emergency Department vs. Convenient Care”
- 2 p.m.: Stephen Szabo, M.D., and Walter Fasolak, D.O., gynecology, “Pelvic Floor Problems”
Registration for this event is currently full. To add your name to the waiting list, call 1 (800) 213-3284.
August 1, 2017
Prepping for Pre-OpThis class will provide information to help you through your breast cancer diagnosis and surgery process. Topics will include: Preparation for surge…