If you are interested in a different, and tasty, way of increasing breast cancer awareness, join in as the community prepares to “Stand Together and Drink Pink.”
During the month of October, FirstHealth Cancer Care will help boost breast cancer awareness by setting up pink lemonade stands throughout FirstHealth hospitals (Moore Regional Hospital, Montgomery Memorial Hospital, Richmond Memorial Hospital and Moore Regional Hospital-Hoke Campus) and selling pink lemonade.
Community members, civic groups, businesses and others are invited to take part by setting up a stand in their store, restaurant, school or home, and donating the proceeds to the Cancer CARE Fund of The Foundation of FirstHealth. This local cancer fund aides cancer patients in the Sandhills region with various forms of assistance during the time of and after cancer treatment.
Since 2000, the Cancer CARE Fund has channeled more than $1 million in financial assistance and personal resources to assist patients with expenses related to:
- Transportation to and from treatment appointments
- Nutritional supplements
- and the FirstHealth Cancer Wellness Program
In the past two years, with the support of community members and local businesses, the Drink Pink campaign has donated more than $6,000 to the Cancer CARE Fund.
If interested in hosting a “Drink Pink” stand, visit www.firsthealth.org/drinkpink to register or download free promotional materials.
Those participating are encouraged to take pictures of their stands and post pictures on social media using the hashtags #StandTogether and #DrinkPink. Please tag FirstHealth of the Carolinas.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to questions or more information.
Drink Pink Stands will be located at the following:
- Wednesday, October 5, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Moore Regional Hospital Cafeteria
- Monday, October 10, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. – FirstHealth Fitness-Southern Pines
- Tuesday, October 11, 9:30 to 11 a.m. – FirstHealth Fitness-Pinehurst
- Tuesday, October 11, 9 to 11 a.m. – FirstHealth Fitness -Southern Pines
- Wednesday, October 12, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Moore Regional Hospital Cafeteria
- Wednesday, October 12, 9:30 to 11 a.m. – FirstHealth Fitness-Pinehurst
- Thursday, October 12, 1 to 3 p.m. – Hosted By Key Mortgage LLC Key 780 NW Broad St., Suite 610, Southern Pines
- Thursday, October 13, 4 to 6 p.m. – FirstHealth Fitness-Pinehurst
- Friday, October 14, 10 to 11:30 a.m. – FirstHealth Fitness-Southern Pines
- Tuesday, October 18, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Surgery Center of Pinehurst
- Wednesday, October 19, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Moore Regional Hospital Cafeteria
- Wednesday, October 19, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Southern Pines Women’s Health Center, a FirstHealth Clinic
- Wednesday, October 26, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Moore Regional Hospital Cafeteria
- Thursday, October 27, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Southern Pines Women’s Health Center, a FirstHealth Clinic
October 7, 2016
FirstHealth to “Shine a Light” on Lung Cancer with Nov. 2 VigilPINEHURST – According to the American Cancer Society, a man has a 1 in 14 chance of developing lung cancer in his lifetime. For women, the risk is 1…
October 4, 2016
Stand Together & Drink PinkRegister in the form provided to host your Drink Pink lemonade stand. To learn more about the Stand Together & Drink Pink campaign, click here. To do…
August 22, 2016
FirstHealth to Join Nation in Gynecologic Cancer Month ObservationMichael Sundborg, M.D. PINEHURST – According to American Cancer Society estimates, more than 105,000 new cases of gynecological cancer will be diagno…
October 31, 2016
Moore County Farmers Market at FirstHealthGet your recommended five servings of fruit and vegetables a day while helping to support our local farm community at the Moore County Farmers Market…