INFECTIOUS DISEASE UPDATE SERIES: SESSION I C DIFF UPDATE
October 11, 2016
You may attend one or both sessions in this series.
Dinner at 5:45 p.m.
Program to follow at 6:15 p.m.
Conference Center FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital
Speaker Paul S. Jawanda, M.D. Dr. Jawanda completed his medical degree at the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Dr. Jawanda completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine and his fellowship in Infectious Disease at UNC Chapel Hill. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease and is professionally associated with FirstHealth of the Carolinas.
Objectives At the completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
• Discuss when to test for C diff and what tests to use
• Discuss if all positive C diff tests confirm active infection, requiring antibiotic treatment
• Review the approach to patients with recurring episodes of C diff
• Use the available treatments for C diff
• Describe considerations for preventing the occurrence of C diff infection
Target Audience All physicians, mid-level providers, and other interested healthcare professionals
October 24, 2016
Moore County Farmers Market at FirstHealthGet your recommended five servings of fruit and vegetables a day while helping to support our local farm community at the Moore County Farmers Market…