Have you ever considered hitting the mat and giving yoga a try?
Well, you should, because yoga has something for everyone!
Fitness fanatics love it, because it helps build lean muscle mass and improve flexibility, while others are into the mental, emotional benefits, like less stress and improved focus.
But did you know there is even more to love about yoga, like the fact that it is overall one of the best exercises for your health?
In honor of National Yoga Month, my goal is to turn YOU onto yoga by sharing these health benefits:
- Better Sleep – Yoga helps relax your nervous system – performing yoga at any point during the day will help quiet your mind and give you peace.
- Lower Blood Pressure – Yoga is a great workout for your heart! The calming nature of yoga can help lower your blood pressure, reduce your risk for heart-related diseases and conditions, and live a longer life. Yoga also plays a huge role in reducing your risk of heart disease.
- Better Circulation – Your circulatory system is one of the most important parts of your body, and it can become sedentary by your lifestyle and habits. Yoga can help improve your circulatory system since it helps stretch out your muscles and get your heart pumping.
- Back Pain – The movements of stretching can help improve your spine’s flexibility, therefore helping take away any pain in your back.
- Emotional Health – Exercise is known to help boost your endorphins, and yoga is no exception. The practice of mindfulness through yoga results in overall relaxation and contentment.
- Arthritis – Arthritis loves gentle movement, so gentle yoga can be extremely beneficial for arthritis.
- Weight Loss – Yoga helps to build lean muscle, which improves your metabolism. You also burn lots of calories while practicing the poses.
There is no better time than the present to try yoga. Believe me; it could change your life.
Roll out your mat and meet us at A Day of Yoga to benefit the Cancer CARE Fund of The Foundation of FirstHealth.
Join us for a single class, half day or full day yoga immersion.
Space is limited. Registration is required by Sept. 23. Call Cinnamon LeBlanc for more information or to register at (910) 692-1672 or email@example.com
- Single class $10
- Half day class $25
- Full day $45
Thirty-four participants helped us raise $630 to the Cancer CARE Fund in 2014 – help us double that goal this year!
Please bring your yoga mat, towel and props.
8 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Yang Sessions
3 (75-minute) sessions in the morning including vinyasa, ashtanga and hatha style classes.
12:15 – 12:45 p.m. Lunch (bring your own)
30-minute break for lunch to enjoy the gardens and socialize.
12:45 – 5 p.m. Yin Sessions
3 (75-minute) sessions in the afternoon including yoga of the heart, restorative and chair-assisted Vinyasa
Cinnamon LeBlanc, CPT, RYT, CEF, is a certified yoga instructor at FirstHealth Fitness-Southern Pines. She believes that yoga practice and other positive lifestyle practices can produce long-lasting effects for one’s health. For more information on yoga or FirstHealth Fitness, visit www.firsthealth.org/fitness or call (910) 692-6129.
March 7, 2018
FirstHealth Observes Colorectal Cancer Awareness MonthMichael S. Batalo, M.D. PINEHURST – FirstHealth of the Carolinas launched its annual Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month reminder on March 1 to raise a…
November 24, 2017
FirstHealth Fitness Director Receives National Award from the Medical Fitness AssociationJohn Caliri, director of FirstHealth Fitness, has received the Hank Boerner Pioneer Award by the Medical Fitness Association. PINEHURST – John Cali…
October 11, 2017
FirstHealth Joins Nation in Highlighting Breast Cancer AwarenessSushma Patel, M.D. PINEHURST – According to the American Cancer Society, there is no sure way to prevent breast cancer. But there are things a woman…
May 31, 2018
31st Annual National Cancer Survivors DayNational Cancer Survivors Day is a time to come together and share smiles and victories. Join us in our celebration of life and triumph over cancer!…