It’s a brand new year so why not make it a brand new YOU?
If you have been considering weight-loss surgery now is the time! This will be the first step to a new you!
We are here to guide you step-by-step through this journey. Nervous, excited, scared? We will help.
Why weight-loss surgery?
Weight-loss surgery offers a number of benefits that may include:
- Significant long-term weight loss
- Effective control of diabetes with Type 2 diabetes
- Effective control of high blood pressure
- Control of sleep apnea
- Improved symptoms of arthritis related to excess weight
- Greatly improved physical appearance
- Improved self esteem and employment opportunities
If you meet the criteria below you may qualify for bariatric surgery:
- BMI is greater than 40 and below 60 (morbidly obese)
- BMI is between 35 - 40 with obesity co-morbidities
- 18 to 65 years old (candidates over 65 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- More than 100 pounds over ideal weight
- Have a history of failure to control weight through other methods such as diet and exercise
If you qualify then it is time to join us for a FREE Information Session
A required step to weight-loss surgery at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital is attending one of our bi-monthly weight-loss surgery seminars held in Pinehurst, NC. At this informative session you will have the opportunity to meet one of our bariatric surgeons and our bariatric surgery patient navigator. You will also hear about the many benefits of having bariatric surgery from our staff and from past weight-loss surgery patients. You will also learn more about the procedures offered at FirstHealth including: Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and adjustable gastric band.
When: The first Thursday and the third Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
December 14, 2016
FirstHealth Weight-Loss Surgeons Trained in Non-Surgical ProcedureDavid Grantham, M.D. PINEHURST – The two bariatric surgeons at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital have been trained in a procedure that has added a…
November 7, 2016
Greensboro Couple Thought “Long-Term” about Weight-Loss Surgery DecisionAlicia and Frank Norton, shown on the porch of their Guilford County home, have together lost just more than 200 pounds since having gastric sleeve w…
November 3, 2016
Eric's Weight-loss Journey - Part SevenMeet Eric Baker, 50-year-old Seven Lakes resident. Listen as Eric talks about his past struggles with weight, failed diets and why he opted to have w…
April 5, 2017
CME: Small Intestinal Bacterial OvergrowthYou are invited to attend a program Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth: Gastrointestinal and Systemic Manifestations, Plus Treatment April 5, 2017…