It’s a brand new year so why not make it a brand new YOU?
If you have been considering weight-loss surgery now is the time! This will be the first step to a new you!
We are here to guide you step-by-step through this journey. Nervous, excited, scared? We will help.
Why weight-loss surgery?
Weight-loss surgery offers a number of benefits that may include:
- Significant long-term weight loss
- Effective control of diabetes with Type 2 diabetes
- Effective control of high blood pressure
- Control of sleep apnea
- Improved symptoms of arthritis related to excess weight
- Greatly improved physical appearance
- Improved self esteem and employment opportunities
If you meet the criteria below you may qualify for bariatric surgery:
- BMI is greater than 40 and below 60 (morbidly obese)
- BMI is between 35 - 40 with obesity co-morbidities
- 18 to 65 years old (candidates over 65 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- More than 100 pounds over ideal weight
- Have a history of failure to control weight through other methods such as diet and exercise
If you qualify then it is time to join us for a FREE Information Session
A required step to weight-loss surgery at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital is attending one of our bi-monthly weight-loss surgery seminars held in Pinehurst, NC. At this informative session you will have the opportunity to meet one of our bariatric surgeons and our bariatric surgery patient navigator. You will also hear about the many benefits of having bariatric surgery from our staff and from past weight-loss surgery patients. You will also learn more about the procedures offered at FirstHealth including: Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and adjustable gastric band.
When: The first Thursday and the third Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
June 17, 2016
Eric's Weight-loss Journey - Part FiveMeet Eric Baker, 49-year-old Seven Lakes resident. Listen as Eric talks about his struggle with weight, failed diets and why he opted to have weight-…
June 2, 2016
Getting Started on Your Weight-loss Surgery Journey - Patricia's StoryBroadway resident, Patricia Walthour, knew it was time to lose weight when her excess weight became debilitating. “I knew that I had to take control…
May 6, 2016
Getting Started on Your Weight-loss Surgery Journey - Iris' StoryGetting Started on Your Weight-loss Surgery Journey: Iris’ Story Iris Davis, a 55-year-old Moore County resident, has struggled with weight her entir…
October 24, 2016
Moore County Farmers Market at FirstHealthGet your recommended five servings of fruit and vegetables a day while helping to support our local farm community at the Moore County Farmers Market…