It’s a brand new year so why not make it a brand new YOU?
If you have been considering weight-loss surgery now is the time! This will be the first step to a new you!
We are here to guide you step-by-step through this journey. Nervous, excited, scared? We will help.
Why weight-loss surgery?
Weight-loss surgery offers a number of benefits that may include:
- Significant long-term weight loss
- Effective control of diabetes with Type 2 diabetes
- Effective control of high blood pressure
- Control of sleep apnea
- Improved symptoms of arthritis related to excess weight
- Greatly improved physical appearance
- Improved self esteem and employment opportunities
If you meet the criteria below you may qualify for bariatric surgery:
- BMI is greater than 40 and below 60 (morbidly obese)
- BMI is between 35 - 40 with obesity co-morbidities
- 18 to 65 years old (candidates over 65 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- More than 100 pounds over ideal weight
- Have a history of failure to control weight through other methods such as diet and exercise
If you qualify then it is time to join us for a FREE Information Session
A required step to weight-loss surgery at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital is attending one of our bi-monthly weight-loss surgery seminars held in Pinehurst, NC. At this informative session you will have the opportunity to meet one of our bariatric surgeons and our bariatric surgery patient navigator. You will also hear about the many benefits of having bariatric surgery from our staff and from past weight-loss surgery patients. You will also learn more about the procedures offered at FirstHealth including: Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and adjustable gastric band.
When: The first Thursday and the third Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
July 11, 2018
Finding the right support to find their healthy weight. For one couple: “It’s a whole new world!”PINEHURST – The term “healthy weight” has a special meaning for one Parkton, N.C., couple. Despite years of unsuccessful attempts to lose extra pound…
January 12, 2018
FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital Recognized for Higher Quality in Bariatric SurgeryPINEHURST– Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) has recognized FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital with a Blue Distinction® C…
December 14, 2016
FirstHealth Weight-Loss Surgeons Trained in Non-Surgical ProcedureDavid Grantham, M.D. PINEHURST – The two bariatric surgeons at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital have been trained in a procedure that has added a…
July 16, 2018
Prediabetes classesYou can prevent type 2 diabetes and FirstHealth Community Health Services is here to help you. PreventT2 is a proven program to prevent or delay type…