The staff at the FirstHealth Bariatric Center in Pinehurst, NC have been working hard and changing people’s lives through bariatric surgery. Weight-loss surgery has become a life altering event, more than just losing weight. Bariatric surgery has been proven to treat diabetes, which is affecting 20 million Americans, as well as other obesity comorbidities such as sleep apnea and heart disease. Moreover, weight-loss surgery gives people a second chance at life.
However, weight-loss surgery is not for everyone. Weight-loss surgery is only a suitable weight-loss option for people who meet the following qualifications:
- Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 40 or higher
- Which is 100 pounds overweight for men and about 80 pounds for women
- Your BMI is between 35-40 and you have obesity co-morbidities, such as high blood pressure, severe sleep apnea or diabetes
- You are between the ages of 18-60
- Have a history of failure to control weight through other methods such as diet and exercise.
*See if you qualify by checking your BMI*
If you qualify and would like to learn more about the weight-loss surgery options the FirstHealth Bariatric Center offers, you can attend a free weight-loss information session held on the first Thursday and third Monday of every month. You will get the opportunity to meet the physician, learn about the benefits of having bariatric surgery and hear success stories from bariatric surgery patients.
FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital offers weight-loss options and support to patients in the Pinehurst, Raeford, Sanford, Lumberton, Laurinburg, Rockingham, and Troy regions of North Carolina and beyond.