Established in 2016, the FirstHealth Center for Provider Wellbeing is an innovative and comprehensive benefit for our physicians, nurses, other medical providers and their families. It's designed to promote well-being, prevent burnout, increase resilience, restore health and foster intentional engagement. The Center for Provider Wellbeing is fully funded by the generous donations from our community through The Foundation of FirstHealth and the Reid Physician Enrichment Endowment.
The Center for Provider Wellbeing is housed within the Clara McLean House at 20 First Village Drive, Pinehurst, NC 28374. Call us at 910-715-4229 or email Dawn Bender at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center’s programs and services are available to all physicians, dentists, NPs, PAs, nurses, perfusionists and their families located in the communities served by FirstHealth. Learn more about the Center for Provider Wellbeing through a series of educational videos.
Confidentiality is imperative to our program.No records of services are accessible by FirstHealth administration or any other provider without consent. The Center for Provider Wellbeing staff and consultants are obligated by law, ethics codes, and licensing bodies to uphold the highest standards of confidentiality.
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
We provide programs designed to promote a sense of belonging, support and connectedness among coworkers, spouses/significant others, families, the surrounding community and the organization. Programs include:
- FirstHealth Employee Assistance Program
- Behavioral Services including counseling and therapy
- FirstHealth Fitness - A free trial includes a physical assessment, nutritional consult and three 30-minute personal training sessions for both the provider and their spouse or significant other, with an additional month free upon signing a 12-month contract.
- Barnes Bulletin – a monthly bulletin distributed to FirstHealth Physician Group Members designed to provide needed communication specifically related to the group. The bulletin includes information about the Suggestion Line, Operations Updates, Epic Tips and Tricks, Clinic Provider Updates, Patient Resources, Recognition Spotlights and Social Events.
- Physician Leadership Academy - Equips physicians to become active and engaged leaders within the organization.
Coaching and Consultation Services
The Center for Provider Wellbeing offers a wide range of coaching and consultation services for individual providers, departments and teams dealing with the effects of burnout. Specific services include:
- One-on-one consultation and coaching
- Wellness coaching
- Critical event intervention and coaching for individuals, teams, and/or departments
- Physician leadership coaching
- Individualized leadership coaching
- Facilitation of team-building workshops
- Coaching can be done either in person or by telephone.
Physical and Spiritual Health and Restoration
To foster restoration, the FirstHealth Fitness in Pinehurst offers massage therapy at special pricing of $55 for 60 minutes for members (community rate is $65) and $79 for 90 minutes (community rate is $89).
Provider Recognition Coins
Dr. Barnes, President of FirstHealth Physician Group, established a Provider Coin Recognition Program. Inspired by the tradition that began with the military, coins are awarded to providers demonstrating exemplary service. There are three different types of coins:
- You Make a Difference coin for valuable input or services
- Above and Beyond coin for extraordinary effort leading to a positive result
- Heart of Gold coin for demonstrating meaningful compassion to patients or colleagues
- FirstHealth Physician Group providers may nominate a colleague or peer to receive valued recognition.
If you would like to nominate a deserving colleague, call the FirstHealth Physician Group Line at (910) 715-7969.
We have collaborated with MedEd Solutions to offer the Well-Being Index, a brief online self-assessment that provides participants with immediate individualized feedback including tools and local and national resources to address personal well-being. Participants receive feedback on their well-being compared to their peers and can track their personal well-being over time. Through the Center for Provider Wellbeing, this resource is offered to FirstHealth employed and affiliated providers and staff.