BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We are located in FirstHealth Fitness – Pinehurst at 170 Memorial Drive in Pinehurst, NC.
- If you're not feeling well, or have a fever, you should not receive a massage. Call to reschedule.
- On your first visit you'll be asked to complete an information form that takes about 5 minutes to complete. You should plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment to complete this form.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your session so you can complete any paperwork and pay for your session. Being late cuts into your massage time.
- Sit back and relax and wait for your therapist to greet you. Restrooms are available.
DURING YOUR SESSION
Once in the therapy room, your therapist will give you information about what to do next.
For most types of massage, like traditional Swedish or Deep Tissue massage, we'll leave the room while you undress to your comfort level and lie on the massage table under the sheet and blanket with your face in the face cradle. When your therapist returns he/she will adjust the linens and place a pillow or bolster to support your legs.
For Shiatsu massage, it is not necessary to undress. Please wear comfortable clothes for maximum effect.
It is important for you to know that during traditional massage you will be appropriately covered (draped) during the entire session. That means only the areas of the body being worked on will be undraped.
After your session, the therapist will leave the room and allow you to redress (if necessary), then escort you to the lobby where you can relax and talk with the receptionist about your next session.
Some people may experience minor soreness after receiving a massage. It's not unpleasant and is completely natural. If you experience any difficulties after your massage work, or if you have questions, please call us at (910) 715-1811.