Clara McLean House
Clara’s House has 12 overnight guest rooms and two day-visit rooms. House amenities include:
- Beautifully appointed guest rooms with cable television and private baths (handicapped accessible rooms are available)
- Homelike comfort – be rested and ready for your loved one
- Well-equipped kitchens for guest use
- Continental breakfast
- Laundry facilities - available at no charge
- Day visit rooms for showering and/or naps
- Transportation to hospital available 24 hours a day
- Comfortable common areas with TVs, books, computers and games
- Free Wi-Fi and computer work stations
- Reflection room for spending quiet time
- Children’s playroom with books, toys and other activities
- Access to the beautiful and comforting Healing Garden
- Caring support programs and patient advocacy
- Manager on duty 24/7
- Clara's House is handicapped accessible and includes an elevator
The room fee for guests for a single or double room is $35 per night and a day-visit room is $20. Adjustments to fees can be discussed with the House Manager.
Arranging to Stay – Referrals Required
Guests may be family members or direct caregivers of a patient at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital or FirstHealth Hospice. Guests may also be persons receiving outpatient treatment or undergoing a scheduled surgery or procedure the next day - if they are able to care for themselves or are accompanied by a caregiver. Patients do not return to Clara’s House after being discharged from the hospital. Priority is given to families who live at least 30 miles from Pinehurst.
A referral by the patient’s physician or by other hospital staff is required. If you would like to stay at Clara’s House, talk to your family member’s physician, to hospital nursing or other clinical staff, or to pastoral care staff. They can send a referral request for you.
Because space is limited, rooms may not be available when requested. If not, our staff can assist you with other local lodging options available.
Transportation to Hospital
Located at 20 FirstVillage Drive, Clara’s House is a short walk from Moore Regional Hospital. The FirstHealth shuttle service is available for use between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Security provides assistance all other hours.
For more information about Clara’s House, call (910) 715-4220.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of frequently asked questions about Clara's House, click here.
Getting to Clara's House
For directions and contact information, click here.
Hear from John Johnson, a guest at Clara's House
“Wow!” This was John Johnson’s first impression of Clara’s House. To hear more, click here.
The Clara McLean House and its programs and services are funded through The Foundation of FirstHealth, guest donations and community support.