Otolaryngology is a surgical specialty that deals with the ears, nose, throat and related areas of the head and neck. Otolaryngologists are more commonly called Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialists.
The ENT specialty encompasses many surgical procedures for children and adults. ENT surgeries performed at FirstHealth include but are not limited to:
- Direct laryngoscopy
- Ear surgery
- Functional Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Head and neck cancer surgery
- Septoplasty (straightening of the nasal septum/deviated septum)
- Surgical management of skin cancer and non-cancerous lesions
- Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Certain ENT procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis (requiring no hospital stay) under local or general anesthesia. When possible, ENT surgery is done using minimally invasive techniques.