Do you avoid activities you enjoy because of pain?
- Do you have difficulty reaching up to fix your hair or to put away your groceries?
- Do you avoid certain places because of pain?
- Do you have trouble getting out of bed or standing up after sitting because of a bad back?
These may be signs of arthritis or other musculoskeletal injuries. Pain in muscles or joints can prevent your from completing daily activities household chores or enjoying recreational activities. Many people think it is normal to have back pain every day. Conditions that are successfully treated with physical or occupational therapy include:
- Back/neck pain
- Sports/recreational injuries (shoulder, elbow, or knee pain/strain)
- Repetitive-use injuries (carpal tunnel, tennis elbow)
- Post surgery (total hip/knee/rotator cuff)
Let the therapists at FirstHealth Centers for Rehabilitation help you return to the activities you enjoy. Talk to your doctor about whether therapy can help you.
For more information on FirstHealth Centers for Outpatient Rehabilitation, call (910) 715-1600.