Do you have limited hand function due to arthritis or another disease process?
Are you recovering from hand surgery to your hand or wrist?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may benefit from hand therapy.
FirstHealth occupational therapists, through advance study and experience, are trained in the rehabilitation of conditions affecting your hands. We will evaluate your condition and develop a treatment plan specific to your need that may include:
- Range of motion, coordination and strengthening exercises
- Modalities including ultrasound, e-stim, iontophoresis or laser therapy
- Custom splint fabrication
- Management of pain, swelling, post-surgical wounds or scars
- Desensitization or sensory re-education techniques
- Instruction in a home exercise program
You can benefit form hand therapy if you have experienced:
- Arthritis (rheumatoid/osteoarthritis)
- Repetitive injury (i.e., carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, tennis elbow, etc)
- Injury to tendons or nerves
- Duptyren’s disease
Let the hand therapists at FirstHealth Rehabilitation help guide you through a program to regain maximum use of your hands and function. Talk to your doctor about whether therapy may help you.
For more information on FirstHealth Outpatient Rehabilitation or Hand Therapy services, call (910) 715-1600.