Are you as steady on your feet as you used to be?
Many different conditions can affect balance and make you unsteady on your feet and at risk for falling. Your next step after an evaluation by your doctor may be a referral to physical therapy.
At FirstHealth Centers for Outpatient Rehabilitation, one of our licensed physical therapists will perform a thorough evaluation of your:
- Range of motion
- Gait Fall risk
We understand your needs are unique and our therapists will develop an individual treatment plan designed to improve your function and decrease your fall risk. Treatment may include:
- Strengthening and flexibility exercises
- Balance and gait exercises
- Instruction in use of assistive devices
- Education in safety and prevention measures
- Infrared photo energy therapy to reduce pain and increase circulation
Let the therapists at FirstHealth Centers for Rehabilitation get you steady on your feet again.
For more information on FirstHealth Centers for Outpatient Rehabilitation or Gait and Balance Training, call (910) 715-1600.