Seven councils comprised of nurses from throughout the health care system meet monthly to develop processes that encourage professional development and clinical excellence.
Nurse Practice Council
Professional Development (RN to BSN)
FirstHealth nurses have the opportunity to earn their BSN through Winston-Salem State University during this one evening a week, year-long program. All classes are conveniently located at Moore Regional Hospital.
Designed to increase nurse satisfaction and retention, Moore Regional Hospital’s Nursing Mentor Program pairs an experienced nurse with a novice nurse. Mentors help their novice become familiar with corporate culture, goal setting, problem solving and overall professional development.
NCNA Provider Based
FirstHealth nurses can keep their national certifications current with on-site ANCC accredited continuing education. All classes are conveniently located at Moore Regional Hospital.
The BRIDGE (Building Retention through Integration, Development Growth and Excellence) Program is a year-long internship program for new nursing graduates at Moore Regional Hospital.
Goals of the program:
- Bridge gaps in new graduate clinical skills
- Connect “book knowledge” to real-life clinical challenges
- Ensure ongoing support from leadership and peers
- Foster relationships and social integration in the work place
- Develop critical thinking skills and knowledge of evidence-based practices
- Encourage ongoing professional growth and development