The FirstHealth Critical Care Transport Service (CCT) operates throughout the mid-Carolinas 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The CCT mission is to provide inter-facility transports between referring hospitals and regional care centers.
CCT also provides mobile intensive care unit (ICU) care for more than 700 patients annually. These ambulances are equipped with state-of-the-art intensive care medical equipment and extensive formulary.
With the leadership of a physician medical director, CCT has assembled a team of seasoned health care professionals including experienced critical care registered nurses, critical care paramedics and emergency medical technicians.
CCT can provide the following advanced skills:
- Rapid Sequence Induction (RSI)
- Advanced airway management (intubation and surgical airway insertion)
- Needle thoracostomy
- Transport ventilator with CPAP, BiPAP and other advanced settings
- Transcutaneous and transvenous pacemakers
- Intra Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP) transport
- Neonatal transport (with specialty team)
- Invasive hemodynamic monitoring (PA and arterial lines)
- Administration of blood and blood products
CCT is licensed to operate in both North and South Carolina. For more information, call (800) 543-3672.