Bridge to Wellness is a special program that can help you learn more about fitness and how it affects how you feel every day. Our specially trained staff will help guide you along the way. Together, we will work to help you find the right exercises and health skills to keep you safe and feeling well.
Is Bridge to Wellness right for you?
If you answer “yes” to one or more of the following questions, Bridge to Wellness may be able help:
- Have you completed cardiac rehabilitation?
- Do you need help learning the best ways to exercise safely?
- Do you have a family history of heart problems?
- Has your doctor suggested exercise to help with your high blood pressure or high cholesterol?
- Do you have circulation problems?
- Do you have diabetes?
- Have you had weight-loss surgery?
- Are you interested in a controlled program of exercise but don’t qualify for insurance coverage because of certain health problems?
How does Bridge to Wellness help?
You know you should eat right, exercise and have regular checkups with your doctor. They’re all important for your health. But what kind of exercise and how often? Finding the right balance can be hard.
Before you begin, our trained exercise professionals will complete a Fitness Assessment for you. It will test your strength, endurance and body composition. Using this information, we will help you develop an exercise program that’s right for you and teach you how to exercise safely. We will offer support and guidance along the way. With you, we will make a plan that moves you back to good health.
We will help you build a bridge to feeling better.
The Bridge to Wellness program includes many different parts. Special classes will be offered and will provide important information about various health topics. Finding the right skills through Bridge to Wellness can help you:
- Lower your risk of heart disease
- Lower your risk of high blood pressure
- Improve your circulation
- Have more energy and strength
- Control your blood sugar levels and better manage your diabetes
- Lose weight
You don’t have to be a member of the FirstHealth Center for Health & Fitness to join Bridge to Wellness.
For more information contact:
FirstHealth Cardiac Rehabilitation Program – Pinehurst
FirstHealth Cardiac Rehabilitation Program – Richmond
Or call toll free (888) 504-3488.
Scholarships for the Bridge to Wellness program are available for those who qualify.