Bariatric surgery offers a number of benefits including:
- Significant long-term weight loss
- Effective control of diabetes in most patients with Type 2 diabetes
- Effective control, in many cases, of high blood pressure
- Control of sleep apnea
- Improved symptoms of arthritis related to excess weight
- Greatly improved physical appearance
- Improved self esteem and employment opportunities
Free Weight-loss Surgery Information Sessions are held on the first Thursday and the third Monday of every month at 6 p.m. in the Renaissance Room at Pinehurst Surgical located at 5 FirstVillage Drive on the FirstVillage Campus in Pinehurst.
The sessions are designed to introduce prospective patients to the FirstHealth Bariatric Center at Moore Regional Hospital and to provide information about the weight-loss surgery options we offer. Prospective patients must attend a free information session in order to schedule a consultation with Dr. Washington or Dr. Grantham. Family members and/or other support persons are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
Please wear shoes that can be taken on and off easily and arrive 20 to 30 minutes early so we can calculate your body mass index. For more information or directions, call (800) 213-3284 or visit us at www.ncweightlosssurgery.org