The FirstHealth Back & Neck Pain Center provides chronic pain sufferers with a thorough evaluation of their problem as well as access to a complete range of pain relief options, including the newest and most advanced treatments.
Sometimes it takes a combination of therapies to stop or reduce severe, persistent pain and keep it under control. For patients who need to see different medical specialists or therapists for their pain, the Back & Neck Pain Center serves as a central point of contact and coordination.
Depending on the cause and severity of a patient’s pain, the Center’s board certified physicians can provide treatment including:
- Prescription medications.
- Steroid injections.
- Pain medication injections to muscles, joints and “trigger points,” which are small knots that develop in muscles when they are injured or overused.
- Selective nerve root blocks.
- Neurostimulation – mild electrical impulses to the spinal cord that block the transmission of pain signals.
- Radio-frequency interruption of nerve connections in joints between the vertebrae in the spine.
- Electrothermal therapy, which uses heat to destroy pain receptors in the nerves of spinal discs.
- Mild® for the treatment of lumbar spinal stenosis.
Back & Neck Pain Center physicians also can refer patients with chronic pain for:
- Neurological evaluation
- Surgical evaluation
- Physical therapy
- Chiropractic therapy
- Psychological or behavioral therapy
- Orthotic and prosthetic evaluation
- Massage therapy
- Relaxation therapy
- Dietary counseling
The goal of the FirstHealth Back & Neck Pain Center is to stop chronic, debilitating pain or reduce it to the greatest extent possible so that patients may resume their lives.
For more information on the FirstHealth Back & Neck Pain Center located in Pinehurst call (910) 715-1794.